
Hello! My name is Natalie Weighner. I am 29 years old and I
am from
Grand Rapids, Michigan. After being away at college and
living out of state for a couple years, I returned to
Grand Rapids to be closer to my family. I
love spending time with my Mom and Dad, Brother Kevin (31), and Sisters Maggie
(22) and Cait (19). Before coming to St. Francis Convent, I worked as a
pediatric nurse in a children’s hospital. I have a passion for working with
sick children, especially infants. It is such a gift to be able to care for
children and their families at a vulnerable time. I
absolutely love being outside in God’s creation, especially the mountains! The
view from the top of a mountain reminds me of the vastness of God’s love for us
and points towards heaven. I also enjoy rock climbing, biking, swimming,
camping, coffee, and the color “comfy gray!”
St.
Therese said “My vocation is to love!” I hope to continue to grow and learn to
live this each day!
I first met
The Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George when I was in college. I
was initially drawn to the community because I knew nursing was a part of their
apostolate. Over the years, it has become so much more than that. I love the
Franciscan Spirituality of embracing the Crib, the Cross, and the Eucharist.
Over the past 7 years or so, I have visited, discerned, and gotten to know the
sisters. Jesus is so patient with me! He is always inviting, but waits for a
response. One of the sisters told me “there is peace in the surrender” and I
now know this to be true! Praised be Jesus Christ!
Comments