
My name is Thao-Vy Tran, and I am 18 years old. I was born
and raised in
Rochester, MN. This past June, I graduated from
Lourdes High School. I am an only child, and I
am very fortunate to have two amazing parents, Cuong and Hoa-Le, who instilled
in me the beautiful Catholic faith, and the seeds of discerning my vocation. Throughout
my life, I have enjoyed volunteering in multiple ways, such as playing piano
and organ for my church, as well as for my school and surrounding parishes. I
was also a volunteer barista at St. James Coffee, which is a Catholic
coffeehouse in
Rochester
that contains a chapel, and is a great place for evangelization! I also like to
write and make knotted cord rosaries. For the
past two summers during August, I took part as a Fiat team member for
Camp Summit,
which is a Catholic summer camp put on by the Diocese of Winona. There, I was
able to deeply encounter the merciful love of the Lord through Eucharistic
Adoration, and I was inspired to bring that love to others. It was then that
the overwhelming love of Christ engulfed me, and I knew I had and wanted to
say, “yes,” and give Him my fiat.
Ever since
I was about eleven or twelve, I attended retreats at the Mater Redemptoris
House of Formation, which was how I got to know our Sisters. Their exuberant
joy and charism of “seeking to make the merciful love of Christ visible”
attracted me to this community. I am so excited to be here, and to see how the
Lord will work in my life.
Comments